A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Wednesday, March 18, 2009

38 Weeks- 14 days until Sam's Due Date

Good morning everyone. I guess that Sam likes where he is. He's not going anywhere just yet.

According to the experts:
* Sam's intestines have accumulated a considerable amount of meconium (the code name for black, tar-like baby poop), which is usually eliminated shortly after birth and gives you your first experience with the 100-wipe diaper change. Here's what else is up:

* Sam might just scratch himself in the womb as the fingernails have grown over the fingertips now.

* Sam's lungs continue to mature and her brain and nerve function are working better every day. The latter two will continue to mature until Sam is a teenager, at which point he'll know it all (or at least he'll think he does).


Sam weighs about 6½ pounds and is around 19 or 20 inches long—as long as leek.
Photobucket


Here is the weekly bump picture (as always).
There's probably not going to be many more of these.
Photobucket


I requested an internal exam at my appointment yesterday and my son is at zero station and I am 90% effaced. Unfortunately, I'm not dilated, but my midwife says that once I start, it should progress pretty quickly. I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.