A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Thursday, December 17, 2009

Current Christmas Week Schedule and Menu

This is the first year that we are hosting Christmas at our house. Everyone wanted to spend Christmas with us because it will be Sam's first Christmas, so we are going to accommodate them. Our house isn't big enough to have anyone stay over, so our out of town guests will be staying in a local hotel and come over for visiting and meals.

* My parents are going to be arriving on Monday, December 21st in the afternoon and staying through Christmas; leaving on Monday, December 28th.

* My pregnant sister and her husband will be arriving on Thursday, December 24th and staying through Christmas; leaving on Saturday, December 26th.

*Brian's parents live in Denver, so we will see them on Christmas Day, maybe on Thursday as well.

Schedule for Christmas Week
Monday
Brian is off work for the entire week, so he and Sam will meet my parents at the airport. My parents visiting with Brian and Sam. Dinner at our house.

Tuesday
My parents visiting with Brian and Sam. Dinner at our house.

Wednesday
My parents visiting with Brian and Sam. Dinner at our house.

Thursday
My parents visiting with Brian and Sam. My sister and her husband arrive from Philadelphia. I get off work at 3pm. We are planning to go to a 6pm Christmas Eve service at a local First Baptist church since that was the faith of Sam's Dedication (Brian and I talked about it and we want to be consistent with his upbringing). Dinner will probably be after that at a local restaurant. I need to make reservations soon (if reservations are even possible).

Friday (Christmas Day)
Everyone will meet at our house to visit, open up presents and have breakfast. Right now, I'm unsure at what time we are planning to serve Christmas dinner, but I have a few days to figure it out (yea!!).

I think that we have most of our Christmas menu set. Here is what is currently scheduled to be on the menu.

Parmesan Artichoke Dip with Veggies
Cheese & Crackers
Ham (I'm not sure which recipe)
Pressed Herbs and Spices Turkey Breast
Pumpkin-Zucchini Muffin Stuffin'
Smashed Potatoes
Veggies (I'm not sure which recipe)
Rolls
Dessert (I'm not sure which kinds will be available yet)

Right now I'm not freaking out about having everyone over, but I know that as we get closer, my nerves will become more and more frazzled. Please bear with me and do what you can to help keep me sane.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. So my guessing at the secret was correct?! :) You have a pretty busy week, but it should be a great one nonetheless. And, you're dinner will be superb! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.