A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Friday, August 17, 2012

Belated Anniversary Dinner

Our wedding anniversary was on July 29th, but last night was the first night that we had a chance to celebrate it, just the two of us.

Samuel spent the night with my ILs, so we took the opportunity to go out to a very nice dinner downtown at The Oceanaire Seafood Room.

Brian ordered a Michelob Ultra and I took the liberty of ordering a glass of the wonderful Santa Margherita Pinot Grisio. It's the same wine that he purchased for our wedding night and we have drunk on (or near) every anniversary since then.

I'm not a big fan of oysters, but since this was a high quality place, Brian deferred to the server's recommendation about which two types of oysters he should order. He ended up eating Shigoky and Kusshi styles (both from Washington). He said they were very good, but you won't catch me eating any. Yuck!

Brian ordered the "Black and Bleu" Hawaiian Swordfish and I ordered the Alaskan King Salmon. Both were extraordinary and we shared a side dish of Sour cream mashed Yukon Gold potatoes.

My Salmon
We then went to our local Redbox location and rented-

It was funnier than I thought it would be, and I got to see a Johnny Depp cameo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.