A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Death of an Appliance

I never really knew how much I relied on my microwave until it died last night.

I was heating up my son's leftovers from yesterday and I heard a pop, smelled an electrical burnt smell and the microwave shut off.  First, I unplugged it, then I turned it all the way around to make sure that it wasn't on fire.

Sam still needed fed, so I took his dinner out of the plastic bowl and put it into a porcelain dish, turned on the oven and put his food in right away.  The oven's alarm went off telling me it had preheated to 350 degrees, so I tested his food and it was a great temperature for a toddler.

I thought that I had heated up enough, but Sam was mighty hungry last night, so some of his dinner was still cold, but it didn't seem to bother him at all. 

Never underestimate the draw of noodles for dinner for a toddler.

The bad think about this "death" is that we won't be able to replace the microwave until Saturday (at the earliest).  I will have to use the oven for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

  1. I never had a microwave until Theo was born. Now, with two kiddos, I can't imagine not having one. Anything to make the day a little easier is a good thing in my book. ;)
    Until Saturday......!


Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.