Photo from 2010
Photo from 2009 and Another from 2009
My mother made his costume for the last 2 years, but it was getting tight on him so I decided to make him something new. Actually, I decided to make costumes for all of us.
I thought that the hardest part would be finding a pattern for a cape, but "Thank You Pinterest!!!" I found THIS cape tutorial, using an old t shirt, and decided that my limited sewing skills might be able to accomplish this task. I cut the capes out of shirts that I purchased from the local thrift store in about half an hour (making sure to not cut off the seams).
I purchased some foam sheets and found designs to be hand sewn on the front of our shirts. Using the design, I traced the design onto the foam and hand sewed it onto each of our shirts. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have just used felt with a sewing machine, but now I know better for future years. Anything that can be destroyed, will.