A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Monday, February 22, 2010

February Pantry Challenge- Week 4 (Final Week)

Photobucket

This is the final week for the pantry challenge. Yea!! I haven’t done very well with my menu execution, but the planning hasn’t been hard.

Here was the menu plan for last week.

Dinner Menu- WEEK 3:
Monday- Brian- Rigatoni with Cheese and Italian Venison Sausage leftovers;
Me- Pork. I might cut some of it up for Sam’s dinner on Tuesday night.
Tuesday- Black bean soup
Wednesday- Black bean soup
Thursday- Plum Tomatoes and Artichokes with Penne
Friday- Plum Tomatoes and Artichokes with Penne
Saturday - Chicken Wings
Sunday- Not sure (I need to check the freezer)

Here is what actually occurred.

Altered Dinner Menu- WEEK 3:
Monday- Brian- Rigatoni with Cheese and Italian Venison Sausage leftovers;
Me- Pork.
Tuesday- Pork
Wednesday- Cereal (I didn’t have a lot of time after I put Sam to bed to eat)
Thursday- Shredded chicken sandwich with veggies
Friday- Shredded chicken sandwich with veggies
Saturday - Chicken Wings
Sunday- Pork Chops

That’s not too far off. I’m actually pretty proud of myself for staying on menu (kinda). Here is my plan for this week.

Monday- Fish and veggies
Tuesday- Plum Tomatoes and Artichokes with Penne
Wednesday- Plum Tomatoes and Artichokes with Penne (if there is enough leftover)
Thursday- Shredded chicken tacos
Friday- Black Bean Soup
Saturday - Black Bean Soup
Sunday- Pizza

That will take us through the end of February. I still have a ton of things in our chest freezer in our basement. I’m going to continue to use those items before heading to the grocery store to buy more.

As for going to the store during the month, I have gone more than the 3 times that I was hoping. 95% of my purchases have been veggies and fruits for Sam that he is going through faster than I have expected. I bought pork for Sam (and us- buy 1 get one free) since he needs to add different types of food to his diet and we didn’t have any in the house. I also ended up purchasing breakfast bars, since I don’t have time to make eggs in the morning. I’m going to see about finding a breakfast quiche recipe that will last me for breakfast this week.

Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!

    I'm following you from Friday Follow!
    Heather
    http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.