A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Monday, February 8, 2010

My 200th Posting on this Blog

I wish that I had something more profound to say on such an occasion, but I don’t so here goes.

At the beginning of February, The Wilson Family decided to take the “Pantry Challenge.” Since February started on a Monday, I will be listing our weeks from Monday- Sunday.

Here is what I was hoping to have for dinners this past week:
Monday- Lasagna and bread
Tuesday- Turkey tenderloin and canned corn
Wednesday- Leftover turkey tenderloin with another canned vegetable
Thursday- Shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches (using the crock pot) with rice
Friday- Chicken thighs and artichoke hearts in Italian dressing
Saturday Dinner- Pasta
Sunday- Frozen pizza

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday’s dinners came out just as I had hoped.

Tuesday morning I put a frozen whole chicken in the crock pot (along with spices and a quartered onion) and was hoping to have at least 2 dinners out of that. When I got home, turned off the crock pot and started removing the meat from the bones, the entire chicken fell apart. It was cooked so long that it was not able to hold its shape. That doesn’t mean that it tasted bad; it was wonderful

The meat falling apart was great for the BBQ sandwiches, but there was no way that we were going to have the chicken thighs and artichoke hearts in Italian dressing in the presentation that I was hoping. That’s not a BAD thing, but it wasn’t like I wanted it to be.

Before having Sam, I had time to cook and took some pride in what was put on our table for dinner. Since Sam’s arrival, my time has been cut severely to prepare meals. Saying that, here is what I had for dinner on Thursday and Friday; cereal. Brian ate the chicken on Thursday, but had cereal as well on Friday. Saturday, we both had brinner (pancakes) and Sunday was pizza.

Looking at this, it looks like to don’t eat very well rounded meals. I’d have to agree. This week, I’m going to do my best to make sure that we do eat better organized meals.

Here is what I’m hoping to have for dinners this week- WEEK 2:
Monday- Chicken and mashed potatoes
Tuesday- Pasta with cooked eggplant
Wednesday- Rigatoni with Cheese and Italian Sausage
Thursday- Shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches (that we didn’t have last week)
Friday- Shredded chicken tacos
Saturday Dinner- V-Day Dinner out with Brian and Sam (early dinner since Sam’s bedtime is 7pm.
Sunday- Not sure (maybe pizza again)

There should be enough each night for me to take the leftovers for lunch the next day.

Next Monday I will post our results from this week. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.