A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 32-- 8 Months In, 8 Weeks to Go

Good morning everyone. Things at Sam Central are going very well.
I feel great!!

According to the experts:
* My blood volume has increased by 40% to 50% during the past 32 weeks.
* Sam is a little over 16 inches long and weighs between 4 and 4 ½ pounds.
* Sam will gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb.
* He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz).
* His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.



Sam is approximately the size of a large jicama
Photobucket

Weekly Bump Picture
Photobucket

We had our first pediatrician interview yesterday with a kindly, older gentleman. We plan to see at least 2 more to determine the practice that's right for Sam (and us).


I'll start seeing our midwife every two weeks, until the final month when I'll kick it up to once a week.

Here are the dates for my appointments though my estimated due date.
32 Week- Feb 5
34/35 Week- Feb 24
36 Week- March 5
37 Week- March 10
38 Week- March 16
39 Week- March 24
40 Week- April 1 (if I haven’t delivered by then)
41 Week- April 7 (if I haven’t delivered by then)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.