A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week #1- Pantry

This year, I am participating in a project that I found last year and (somewhat) participated in- 52 Weeks of Organizing.

This year, I'm going to be more deliberate about partaking in this project on a consistent basis so that our family clutter does not get out of control again.

Week #1- Our Pantry

mess   /mɛs/ Show Spelled[mes] 
noun
  1. a dirty, untidy, or disordered condition: The room was in a mess. 
  2. a state of embarrassing confusion: My affairs are in a mess. 
  3. a dirty or untidy mass, litter, or jumble: a mess of papers.
The initial (embarrassing) state of our pantry.
Last year, I emptied out our pantry and found items that were expired from 2006, thinned out our cookbooks to the ones we actually use and moved lesser used items to boxes above our cabinets or in the basement.

Unfortunately, without specific, labeled areas for an item's location, the mess returned.

I purchased a lot of plastic containers ($3 and $1 each from our local King Soopers and Walmart store) and used some copy paper boxes (that I will cover in scrapbook paper to look pretty) to organize areas within the pantry where items would reside. 

In looking at the contents of our pantry, I noticed some common items that could be housed together and found THESE tags for them to be printed.
  • Baking
  • Spices
  • Pasta
  • Beans
  • Soups
  • Vegetables
  • Snacks
  • Tea
  • Canned meats
  • Medicine 
  • Notebooks
  • Stationery/Envelopes/Return labels
  • Cookbooks
  • Water bottles
  • Art Supplies
  • Markers/Crayons
  • Plus Many More 
Besides marrying my husband and giving birth to my son, this is one of my biggest accomplishments. I think that now with everything in bins, this is something that I may have to revisit very rarely.



Next Week (Week #2)- Command Center

Home Stories A2Z





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.