A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Nice Wilson Weekend

The Wilson Family had a very nice weekend. The weather was so nice on Saturday that Sam and I picked up Brian from work, stopped for brunch and then headed to the zoo.

The zoo was completely packed, which I was afraid of. It took us about 15 minutes to find a parking space in their underground lot. I'm glad that Sam was busy playing with his toys, because if he started getting really fussy, I was probably going to drop them off at the front and find them after I had committed a felony.

This was not Sam's first trip to the zoo. When he had his herpangina and wasn't allowed to go to daycare, I took him with one of my friends on a Wednesday. Now that was a great day to go — no screaming kids, no aggravated parents, and no lines.

I made sure to have everything packed the night before (Sam’s lunch, spoons, extra bibs, diapers, wipes, extra outfit, my outfit, toys, stroller, camera, etc.) so that I wasn’t completely frazzled walking out the door. By the way, that’s one of the biggest things that can send me into a murderous rage- not being prepared with what might be needed. Brian is definitely not as organized with that as I am (it drives me nuts).

I forgot that the zoo had gotten expensive ($24 for 2 adults and an 11 month old), but this was our first family zoo outing so we happily handed over the money and walked in. I’m so glad that we ate before we arrived. You get taken to the cleaners buying food there.

We spent a total of about 2.5 hours there. Sam was more interested in all the people than the animals. Whenever we would stop in front of an enclosure, Sam would be looking everywhere else but toward the animals. I guess that he likes the human species most of all.

As you can tell from this photo, Sam had a blast.

Sunday, we ran a bunch of errands and crossed off some of my “To Do” list items (Lowe’s, Target, and Babies R’ Us). There is still a bunch of stuff to do before we throw Sam’s birthday party on April 2nd, but we are getting closer.

Thank you boys for a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun!! I really want to find a zoo to take my son to this year. We're going to have to travel a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.