A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Freezer Clean Up Completed!!!!

I had "Clean Freezers" on my To Do list for over a month. We have our side-by-side freezer in the kitchen and a chest freezer in the basement.

I was hoping to clean it out and throw away the old stuff before Christmas, but that didn't happen. Since it is tough to complete large projects like that during the week when my husband gets home late, I wanted to do it before my parents flew back to GA so that they could watch Sam while I completed this monumental task. I didn't think that there was a so much to throw out as it ended up being.

3.5 kitchen size bags of empty boxes, 4 year old elk meat, expired veggies, expired meat and freezer burned bread were tossed. I wish that I had taken before and after pictures. What a mess. I hate wasting food, but if I didn't clean out the freezers now there would be even more food thrown out within the next few months.

We have a lot of venison that I can use in recipes in the next few months, so if you have any good recipes please let me know. If they are crock pot recipes, even better.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.