A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What I'm Missing by Working

I have some friends that blog about their children and their activities during the day since they don't work. They know so much about the activities of their children since they see them all day, every day. It makes me sad that I'm missing so much of Sam's developmental milestones since I work.

I told the daycare not to tell us when certain things happen so that Brian and I can experience them and think that it was the first time the activities were performed. I do ask them if he is close to doing something so that we can look for it, but we only have 2-3 hours per day (during the week) and all day on Saturdays and Sundays to be with him.

I'm definitely jealous of my mom that she was able to stay home with me and my sister and witness all of our milestones. I would love to be able to work at home or be a full-time stay-at-home mom, but it just isn't in the cards right now.

When I get home with Sam from daycare, I relish every second that he is with me, but I can't get over the fact that I'm missing things that I really don't want to miss. ::sniff sniff::

Of course, when I do pick Sam up from daycare he has the biggest smile on his face when he sees me. I know that he is well taken care of and has had fun all day, but I still want to be with him.

Does anyone want to pay off our mortgage so that I can stay home and raise my child??

Anyone?? Anyone? Bueller??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.