A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Operation Minimize- Week 52 (1,954- 2,023)

WE DID IT!!!

We got rid of 2,011 items from our home in 2011.
With 3 days to spare!!

I started this challenge mid year, and was a little bit worried that I wouldn't be able to finish it in time, but thanks to Samuel growing like a weed and contributing a lot of outgrown clothes and our basement being a disaster, we made it.

I also cleaned out the freezer in our kitchen (as apposed to the chest freezer in our basement). While doing this, I wrote down everything that was staying in the freezer on this Freezer Inventory Sheet (something I'm going to do monthly, or at least quarterly). This act of purging put us over the mark!

I don't think that I'll be able to do this same challenge next year. We got rid of a lot of items, but the act of removing these items from our home has allowed me to find a new space for us to make into a usable space


Here is a list of the final items that put us over the line.


Recycle
4 Magazines
6 Christmas boxes


Donate
Sony Walkman Sport


Sell to Children's Consignment Store
6 Pairs of Shorts- Size 2T
15 T-Shirts- Size 2T
3 Toys
1 Cloth Diaper
2 Cloth Diaper Inserts



Trash from our Freezer- I threw out anything dated before 2011, 2 trash bags.
Thank goodness trash day was this morning.

2 Packs of Open Frozen Peas- Expired 2009
2 Packages of Vacuum Sealed Pork- Dated 2009
3 Packages of Vacuum Sealed Red Meat- Dated 2009

2 Packages of Opened Tater Tots- Expired 2010
2 Package of Tilapia- Expired 2009 and 2010
3 Packages of Vacuum Sealed Chicken- Dated 2009
5 Packages of Vacuum Sealed Soups (various)- Dated 2009
2 Packages of Vacuum Sealed Unknown (no information)- No Date
1 Package of Vacuum Sealed Avocados- No Date (but most likely 2010)
2 Packages of Vacuum Sealed Pumpkin- No Date (but most likely 2010)
1 Package of Diced Chicken- Dated 2010
5 Packages of Chicken (prepared various ways), Not Vacuum Sealed- No Dates

1 Package of Fruit- Dated 2009
1 Package of ???- Dated 2006 - We must have sealed this just after we received the sealer- YUCK!!



After Shot of Freezer.
Imagine What It Looked Like Before The Purge.
70 Items

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congrats on the big decluttering! I started strong last year but was finishing up my final year in college and couldn't focus on it. Now, I'm home and ready to tackle this house. We started with some deep-cleaning today and sent my dh to the dump with a good amount of junk/trash to get rid of. I can't wait to clear through this stuff! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.