A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Friday, November 6, 2009

Getting Ready to be a Single Mom Next Week

As some of you may already know, Brian is going hunting next week, so I will be in charge of Sam all by myself. I have a lot to do this weekend to get ready. I want to make sure that I have the least amount of craziness during the days that he is gone so I am going to put together a lot of things this weekend.

1. Sam's food- Everyday this means 3 meals, 2 for daycare and one for dinner at home.

2. Sam's daycare clothes- I'm making sure that he will have clean clothes set out for every day. I don't want to be running around the night before putting outfits together. Of course, it also means that I will need extra outfits in case he decides to spit up on them before we leave the house.

3. Sam's night time clothes- same as above but these are what he will sleep in.

4. My dinners- We have quite a few individual meals frozen and ingredients for more. I just need to organize them for next week. No running to the grocery store for ingredients and things that I have forgotten right before I pick Sam up from daycare.

5. My clothes- This is the same idea as with Sam's clothes.

6. Cloth Diapers- To have as many CD's cleaned and put together so that they can be used after we get home from daycare. Depending on how fast Sam goes through them, I hope to only have to do 2 loads of CD's when Brian is gone.

Doing the above means that laundry will need to be done and some rearranging of the upstairs freezer and fridge to accommodate Sam's frozen homemade baby food this weekend.

Brian is working overtime tomorrow morning, so if Sam is in his exersaucer for part of the morning, that will allow me to start the laundry and put together the diapers. Once Brian gets home, it's on to making a crock pot meal and arranging the freezers while Brian feeds Sam lunch.

I will post on Monday how the weekend went and let you know if I was able to accomplish everything. I will, hopefully, take pictures of the outfits, diapers and food once it is complete.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.