A Denver Family's Adventure Through The Ups And Downs of Life



Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Project Single Mom: End of Day 1

It is the end of Day 1 for the Project "Single Mom."

I'm sitting here in front of my computer and Sam is asleep (on his tummy) in his crib. He was fussing for about 20 minutes, but he is definitely asleep. I'm going to wait another 30 minutes to make sure that he is fully asleep then I'm going to take a quick shower. Even thought I know that he won't be in any danger or going to wake up, I'm going to bring the monitor into the bathroom. It would just make me feel better.

Sam and I had a ton of fun tonight. He was bouncing around in the exersaucer and having a bunch of sitting up time and tummy time on the mat. Unfortunately, I really didn't eat that much for dinner, but that has been the norm for me since becoming a mother. There is just too much stuff to do. Right now, I'm only 4 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight.

Brian is usually the one that reads Sam a story, feeds him a bottle (since I have nursed him a few times) while I take a shower and we put him to bed together.

It was nice to be the only one that was responsible for all of his nutrition and well being this evening. Having the experience of being a "Single Parent" even for a day has let me know that I am stronger than I have previously believed.

I really hope that Sam sleeps well tonight. I hope that I do too.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting our family adventure.